How many of you thirty-plus working women have looked at the mirror and found yourself looking like an aged greyhound with folds of sagging skin underneath your once beautiful eyes? Eye bags are a nightmare that many women and even men deal with when age starts to show on their faces. It can vary from being just ‘barely-there’ tiny balloons to hideous looking bulging red bags that make you look grotesque and cartoonish!
How are eye bags formed?
There are several factors that can lead to under-eye bags. The most common are:
- Genetically transferred from your parents
- Extreme sun exposure
- Excessive smoking
- Indiscipline and a poor lifestyle
Cosmetic removal of eye bags: Eye bag surgery
Eye bag surgery, explained by Israrwong.com, is a great way to get rid of your under-eye bags. It is becoming increasingly popular world-wide due to its amazing and long-lasting results. It is now the second most popular cosmetic surgery in the world with Korea having the highest number of clients. Over 9 million surgeries have been performed so far and the numbers are swelling by the minute. Celebrities like George Clooney have gone through this mild procedure to appear younger and less exhausted with life.
What the surgery is all about
Blepharoplasty, as the eye bag surgery is medically known, is one of the simplest cosmetic surgeries to perform. It involves making an incision along your lash line and removing all that extra fat from within your saggy under-eye skin. Then the skin is stretched out smoothly over the underlying tissue to ensure an overall tighter looking skin. Local anaesthesia is preferred for upper eyelid surgeries and for lower eyelids, general anaesthesia is administered.
Benefits of eye bag removal surgery:
- Younger looking face and tightened muscles around the eyes
- Higher self-confidence
- No more exhaustion ‘written’ on your face
- Disappearance of tell-tale signs of ageing
- No obvious dark circles
- Better peripheral vision
- Many more compliments!!
Possible risks of an eye bag surgery:
- No insurance given against a botched up surgery since it’s a cosmetic procedure. Read carefully before you sign those papers.
- Stitch lines and scars might take a long time to completely disappear
- Bleeding might occur and could cause eye infections that could lead to impaired eye-sight
- There might be temporary problem with blinking
- The lower lid might sag a bit after surgery
- Altered angle of lower lid which is difficult to rectify
The cost of treatment:
Eye bag surgeries can drill a hole in your bank balance and can cost anywhere between 2750 Euros to 3000 Euros (3000$ to 4000$). There are many fraud clinics that rob you of your money and mess up your surgery in a big way. So do your homework well and be well-informed on the pros and cons of the procedure.
Finally, if you are still doubtful about whether it’s worth the trouble, think of it this way. We have just one life and the whole world to admire through our eyes. Why not make your eyes prettier for as long as you can?