Taking control of your health is easy. Most people wait until the last moment of symptoms to visit their doctor and then complain that they haven’t expected the illness. The reality is that health is like every other thing in our life, if you don’t pay special attention to it, it will turn against you. No, you are reading this and think “How could I pay more attention to my health?”. It is simple – go to the nearest hospital and ask for a health screening package. Singapore has great clinics and medical institutions so if you need to check your health, check health screening packages in Singapore. Usually, you will receive a list of regular screenings but if you have some additional requirements your doctor can easily add some more. However, if you don’t know how to prepare for a health screening in Singapore, check DoctorXDentist health screening tests guide.
How should I prepare for a health screening?
Health screening is how doctors measure your vitals, blood pressure, levels of different things in your body. If you have diabetes, for example, probably you will need health screening more often than people who are healthy. The rule is that you should visit your doctor or screening at least once every year. It is good to know that what you eat and drink before your tests, could interfere with results.
List of recommendations:
- Try not to consume food 8 hours before tests. Blood tests require not additional substances in your blood in order to measure the right amount of erythrocytes and leukocytes. You should skin your morning coffee or tea, too. Actually, the only thing it is allowed to drink before health screening is pure water. Otherwise, your glucose and lipid profile will be inaccurate. If you have low blood pressure make sure you have some chocolate in your pocket and right after the test, eat it.
- Don’t take medications before your tests. Medications will interfere with your results 100%. If you can’t skip your pills, tell your doctor in order to read the results properly. Beta-blockers should be stopped at least three days before the test. You should skip diabetes medications, too. You will be able to take them right after the procedures. Medications that affect heart rate should be avoided, too.
- Women shouldn’t go for urine tests and Pap tests when they have their menstruation. Actually, the best time is 5 days after the menstruation. Otherwise, blood cells will change the results and your doctor will be confused.
- Part of health screening package is ultrasound abdomen test.
- Ultrasound will show your stomach and soft parts. Before using the ultrasound, your doctor will apply on your skin a gel. The gel could make you feel a little inconvenient because it is cold and wet. However, it is not painful just unpleasant. You shouldn’t eat before this test, too.
- If you have to undergo a pelvic ultrasound, you should drink several glasses of water before it. This needed because water will show the path of the bladder thanks to an acoustic window.
- The mammogram is the next thing we should pay attention. Although, here the food is not important you shouldn’t wear a deodorant or a cream.
- The treadmill test is part of health screening in Singapore, too. It is required to bring with you an additional pair of comfortable clothes and shoes. In addition, if you are a woman choose something else, not a pair of heels.
- If you undergo an eye test, remove your lenses.